Thursday, April 24, 2014

Say "Hello" To Modge Podge


I will first apologize I have no befores.

I have in infatuation and fascination with modge podge.  I love it.  The uses are endless.  
I found this great Princess working phone the only problem it had was fading.  The phone table must have been in front of a window one side was much lighter than the other.  I had recently revamped a desk and lined the drawers with the pages of an old shorthand instruction book.  (You can read about it here)
I figured why not try it out on a phone.
I used small pieces on the curves and strips on the base.  Try to make sure to not get modge podge on the buttons and I did not modge podge the inside of the mouth or ear piece.
A few coats of modge podge were added in layers and to make sure a sweaty hand did not stick to the receiver I taped up the ear and mouth pieces and sprayed it with 2 layers of a top coat of clear paint. 

I think its different!  In this project I was joined by my son who modged podged his Iphone Commuter case. We also coated the outside of it with clear coat and so far so good. I hope to slow him down enough to get photos and dedicate a post to it with ideas.
I hope that this post inspires you to break out the modge podge and have fun!
Sheryl 
SOLD

1 comment:

  1. I have been a Mod Podge fanatic for decades! If it stays still long enough it is fair game for a treatment. Love the phone!

    ReplyDelete