Thursday, August 7, 2014

Fence rail coat rack using cool repro bird hooks


Our local Hobby Lobby marked their spring line down 80% and I could not resist.  These bird hooks were under a dollar.  Hubby and I shortened a red fence and had some rails left and this was the perfect opportunity to mix some new with the old.


So I gathered up some basic supplies...The bird hooks...some old screws , sand paper, paste wax , rail fence board , tape measure and Drill. 


I lightly sanded the fence rail and then buffed on a nice coat of paste wax.  I determined where I wanted the bird hooks to go....somewhat centered and equal distances apart.  I pre drilled the holes than attached them with screws that had rusty heads.  This was a simple yet rewarding project...

Thanks for stopping by!

Sheryl

SOLD

Sharing with:



5 comments:

  1. sheryl this is fabulous, i just love love it thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. lucky girl to happen upon such a great sale, and talented girl to make such clever use of those sale items.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comments..and yes it was luck that I found these..wish I had walked in to Hobby Lobby sooner I have a few more rails....You have a great day and it was great to see you here!

      Delete
  3. The sale aisle is where I run to first at Hobby Lobby. Love the rack with the birds. Thanks for sharing this at Make It Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! Under $1?!?! They're so lovely. Wish we had a craft store here that lost it's mind every season. Thanks so much for sharing at the Make it Monday Party! Hope to see you again next week :)

    ReplyDelete