Saturday, April 25, 2015

Shabby little caddy Utensil silverware storage up cycle using chalk paint and the Silhouette Cameo




I am sure that I am not the only thrifter to pick an item up because it is only .50 cents.  This caddy is one of those finds.  It was in wonderful shape a little out dated and the perfect project to break out the Silhouette. 

   
Before just a plain ole wooden caddy.


I am a lazy crafter so I taped it off so that I would not have to deal with the interior.  Painted it with Jackson (black) by Southern Honey and the stencil was with Nanny White by Southern Honey.  

After a few coats of paint and stencil a buffing and distressing with sand paper.  I finished the caddy up with Johnsons Paste wax.  This is a great wax for signs and items like this.  I have used it on table tops but applied a few coats.  On the Caddy and signs that I make I simply use one coat.  


SOLD

Not to bad for a .50 cent investment.  Here's a hint...I have found that with most latex chalk base paints they are thick.  To make the brush marks melt away I spritz the surface with water then brush on paint.  It really makes a difference in the finish you get.  
Hope you have that .50 cent find just waiting for a transformation.
Sheryl


Sharing with:

1 comment:

  1. Pinned. First time I've read about spritzing with water before chalk type painting. I'm going to try that. Thanks.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete